FEI Regional Forum
Early Bird Registrations $550, Includes a Masterclass Ticket!
Normally $660. Last held in Australia back in 2005, the FEI Regional Dressage Forum is an international seminar for trainers, coaches, riders, officials and dressage enthusiasts from all over the world, who will converge at Willinga Park for both theoretical and practical demonstrations.
Its a debating platform in the world of international dressage. Dressage techniques are scrutinised and examined. Current political proposals, which have an impact on dressage sport, are aired, and the latest developments in horse management and sports science are also presented.
Respected judges from all over the world also convene at the Forum to evaluate and discuss international judging with riders and trainers. The intention is to provide a medium through which a common dressage language and philosophy can evolve and spread globally.
Delegates are invited to be open minded to explore ideas, not only with sport ‘insiders’ but also with sports scientists and experts from other sports.
- Taking a team to the Olympic podium.
- Team building and team training.
- Horse welfare, a social license for equestrian sport.
- Equine biomechanics and physiology advances.
- Movements from the judge’s standpoint.
- Veterinary management of equine athletes during overseas travel and extreme climates.
- How to build horse sport so fans and sponsors will come.
- How to create modern shows.
- Speakers representing Equestrian Australia and the FEI.
- Para dressage.
All delegates need to register for Package 1, then email email@example.com or call +612 4405 5666 to upgrade to other packages.
Standard Inclusions In All Packages:
All speaker presentations 25th – 27th
A Masterclass Ticket 27th
Meals: Morning tea 26th – 27th, Lunch 25th – 27th, Afternoon tea 25th – 27th
General admission ticket to Dressage By the Sea CDI’s – Contact us to arrange after registering
Package 1 – Forum Only $660 (Early bird ticket $550 until 30 November)
All of the standard inclusions
Note that accommodation is not included
Package 2 – Forum & Camping: $770 (Early bird ticket $660 until 30 November)
Standard inclusions plus…
Powered camping site at Willinga Park, check in 24th, check out 28th. Toilets & showers nearby
Bus transfers (3 minute ride) between the camp site and Conference Centre each morning & afternoon
Note that breakfast and dinner is not included, but can be purchased at the venue
Optional Extra – FEI Forum Delegate Dinner
26th February, Tickets $75
Open to all delegates attending the FEI Regional Forum. Enjoy this casual dinner in Willinga Park’s brand new Equine Education Centre. This is an excellent networking opportunity to mingle with others in the industry from both Australia and overseas. Beer and wine included.
What is not included in Forum Tickets?
- Travel Insurance. Travel insurance is recommended for international guests.
- Visa. Delegates are responsible for organizing and cost of a valid Australian visa for the duration of their stay in Australia if required.
- Passport costs, personal spending money, gratuities for separate restaurant meals and tours, porterage for bags, any fuel surcharge taxes increases from airline and land transport, increases in costs due to low exchange rates at time of final payment, travel insurance, excess luggage, meals unless specified, any costs if passengers cannot board the aircraft (e.g. passport issues), drinks with meals, public transport unless specified, entrance fees to sites, monuments and museums, any other services not specified.
Canberra Airport is the closest (2.5 hours away)
Singapore Airlines and Qatar Airways provide access between Canberra Airport and most of the world. Canberra is also well connected domestically to most major capital cities and regional areas.
Leave the traffic jams and long waits behind, Canberra rarely experiences the traffic congestion of larger cities, meaning your journey to the airport is smoother and faster. The Airport is also less crowded than its larger city counterparts, meaning less cues and more time spent relaxing before your flight.
If you arrive the night before the bus transfers, we recommend staying the night in the Vibe Hotel, located at Canberra Airport.
For incoming international flights to Canberra we recommend:
- Singapore Airlines SQ 247 / SQ 6562, 24 FEB (Mon) – Depart Singapore 20:05, via Melbourne, arrive Canberra 25 FEB 09:35
- Qatar Airways QR 0906, 24 FEB (Mon) – Depart Doha 07:55, technical stop Sydney, arrive Canberra 25 FEB 08:40
For international departures from Canberra on 28 FEB (Fri) we recommend:
- Qatar Airways QR 0907 – Depart Canberra 14:10, via Sydney, arrive Doha 28 FEB 23:45
- Singapore Airlines SQ 6571 / SQ 248 – Depart Canberra 15:00, via Melbourne, arrive Singapore 28 FEB 22:45
Sydney Airport is the next best option (4 hours away)
Sydney is well connected to New Zealand, Asia, and the rest of the world. You can usually incorporate a domestic flight from Sydney to Canberra as well if desired.
For incoming flights to Sydney we recommend arrival prior to 7.40am on the 25th, to make the transfer connection, or any flight arriving on the 24th, with an overnight hotel in Sydney. For Departures from Sydney on 28 FEB (Fri), note they must depart later than 2pm on the 28th February to ensure you have enough time for check-in.
- Singapore Airlines SQ 221 – 24 FEB (Mon) – Depart Singapore 20:40, arrive Sydney 25 FEB 07:40
- Singapore Airlines SQ 222 – 28 FEB (FRI) – Depart Sydney 16:10, arrive Singapore 28 FEB 21:20