Welcome to Willinga Park Vet Hospital, where our board-certified internal medicine specialists provide advanced diagnostic modalities to deliver world-class veterinary care. Our hospital operates with round-the-clock licensed veterinary nurse support, ensuring a fully equipped team to manage complex cases. From addressing heart issues to managing respiratory diseases, stomach, and intestinal problems, our specialists bring a wealth of expertise to every case. With a focus on advanced diagnostics and tailored treatment plans, we strive to ensure the well-being and longevity of our equine patients, offering a compassionate approach to internal medicine that reflects our commitment to excellence in veterinary care. Boasting an intensive care unit and an isolation unit for infectious diseases, our hospital is complemented by an in-house laboratory, pharmacy, a dedicated nursing team, and a instrument cleaning room. This ensures our capability to deliver comprehensive care at any given moment.
- Cardiology: Led by a board-certified specialist in internal medicine, our team utilises state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment to perform echocardiograms. This allows for comprehensive assessment of the heart's anatomy, size, and function, as well as intra-cardiac blood flow. We diagnose and treat various cardiac abnormalities, such as congenital defects, valvular diseases, pathologies of the heart muscle or pericardium, congestive heart failure, and arrhythmias. We address exercise intolerance in horses through comprehensive evaluations, including exercise tests for the detection of exercise-induced cardiovascular dysfunction.
- Colic Management: Horses treated for colic at Willinga Park Vet Hospital receive outstanding care, benefiting from world-renowned expertise, modern diagnostic testing, and 24/7 emergency and critical care services. Our comprehensive approach covers a spectrum of colic causes, from simple gas-related cases to surgical cases.
- Comprehensive Ultrasound: At Willinga Park Vet Hospital, we are dedicated to delivering comprehensive care for horses. Our advanced ultrasound services provide crucial insights into abdominal and thoracic health, ensuring thorough examination and precise diagnosis. Our ultrasound technology enables detailed imaging of the abdomen, facilitating the identification of issues with organs such as the liver, kidneys, and intestines. Early identification of abnormalities is paramount. Abdominal ultrasounds conducted by our veterinarian’s aid in the timely detection of issues such as colic, tumours, or fluid accumulation. Thoracic ultrasounds delve into the chest cavity, providing insights into lung conditions, detecting pneumonia, and examining the heart for abnormalities. For performance horses, maintaining optimal respiratory function is critical. Our thoracic ultrasound services support peak performance levels by ensuring healthy lung function. Trust us to go beyond the surface and delve deep into equine health for a brighter, healthier future.
- Gastroscopy: Gastroscopy is particularly effective in diagnosing gastric ulcers, a common concern in horses. We use an advanced 3-metre high-definition video endoscope to detect abnormalities inside the stomach, including ulceration, cancerous masses, and trauma. Our skilled veterinary team also evaluates the oesophagus, identifying any abnormalities such as inflammation, strictures, or oesophageal obstruction. Should any gastrointestinal issues be identified, our veterinary team develops customised treatment plans. This may involve dietary adjustments, medication, or other interventions, all aimed at restoring and maintaining optimal gastrointestinal health.
- High-Risk Pregnancy: Our experts provide evaluation and management of high-risk conditions that threaten the well-being and health of the developing foetus and pregnant mare. Using diagnostic imaging and laboratory services, our experts can diagnose conditions such as placentitis, inflammation of the placenta, and uterine infections.
- Infectious Disease Management: Our hospital is equipped to manage infectious diseases caused by various bacteria and viruses. Strict biosecurity measures and an isolation facility ensure a safe environment for all patients, with expert care for diseases like Salmonellosis, equine herpes virus, and strangles.
- Neonatal Intensive Care: Willinga Park Vet Hospital delivers expert neonatal care with a dedicated team of board-certified internal medicine and surgery specialists. Our intensive care unit, equipped with advanced monitoring and a foal box for separation when needed, ensures top-tier care for mares and neonatal foals facing critical challenges. From specialised dystocia management to early care and constant monitoring, our experts, supported by licensed veterinary nurses and on-site diagnostics, provide the best chance of survival and healthy development for compromised foals.
- Neurological Evaluation: Equipped with specialised facilities, including an isolation unit, on-site diagnostic laboratory, and diagnostic imaging equipment, we address neurological disorders with symptoms like altered gait, incoordination, abnormal behaviour, and seizures. Advanced diagnostics, such as cerebrospinal fluid collection, are instrumental in providing detailed insights into neurological conditions. The design and rotating mechanism of our G-scan MRI enable the creation of exceptional three-dimensional images, providing a comprehensive view of anatomical structures, including the head and neck.
- Oncology Care: Our internal medicine and surgery team at Willinga Park Vet Hospital employ a combination of chemotherapeutic agents, surgical excision, and laser ablation to treat skin tumours in horses, including sarcoids, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. We emphasise prompt treatment to maximise success.
- Ophthalmology: Willinga Park Vet Hospital offers comprehensive services for treating eye diseases and injuries in horses. Conditions addressed include corneal ulcers, abscesses, traumatic injuries, and recurrent uveitis. Our comprehensive ophthalmic exams are conducted by our internal medicine team, ensuring the thorough evaluation of your horse’s ocular health. From medical management to surgical interventions, we prioritise the best possible outcome for your horse’s ocular health. For especially challenging cases, we have the capability to consult board-certified ophthalmologists, further enhancing our capacity to address intricate and specialised conditions.
Share this page